AeroPress is a fantastic and relatively infamous way to make a great coffee at home, work, or anything really – especially great for travellers or miners as it is almost bullet proof! Our coffee maker comes with Aeropress filters included. This is seriously one of the Koffee Baron’s favourite things! Have you heard the fascinating origins of the Aeropress coffee maker? It’s history is inextricably tied to the history of the Frisbee (seriously)! Click here to have a read.
We also made an Aeropress on a plane when we were a mile high in the sky! Yep true story. Watch it here. Want to learn more? Here’s a video of Alan Adler speaking at CoffeeCom in 2014 (he invented the Aeropress).
How To Use
1. Prepare the Aeropress by pushing the plunger out of the chamber. Next, add a filter (either metal or paper) and twist the filter cap onto the chamber.
2. Next, place your Aeropress on top of your favourite coffee mug and place one rounded scoop of ground coffee into the chamber. We recommend using around 15-18g of ground coffee, however this will vary based on your preference. Your coffee should be ground to the consistency of sea salt.
3. Add boiling water until it reaches level one on the chamber. We recommend using water that’s around 80C.
4. Stir the mixture for around 10 seconds, before inserting the plunger. Press gently, until the plunger reaches the compressed coffee.
5. Serve black, milky or chilled.
Recommended Aeropress Accessories
Able Aeropress Metal Filter | Aeropress Filters | Milk Thermometer